A sustainability assessment was recently conducted by members of the AUTH team, who visited an innovative goat farm in Florina, in north western Greece. The farm has a long standing collaboration with AUTH and is the place where most innovations are firstly tested. The farm has a vertical management structure and produces pasteurised goat milk, butter, cheese and ice cream. The farm also employs a lot of innovative tools and methods (such as specific filters and reverse osmosis) for treating water before it is given to animals and used in the milking parlour. There is a mini lab to test milk quality, as well as somatic cell counts and antibiotic residues. There is an efficient management of manure and feedstuff production. The farm is now installing a new milking parlour and an electronic indentification system for recording individual performances of goats.
- iSAGE Turkish Partners’ Workshop at Nigde Omer Halisdemir University
- iSAGE at DairyCare final conference
- 2018 iSAGE Summer School (Zaragoza, Spain, 21-23 May)
- 2nd Workshop of iSAGE Spanish Partners at INIA
- iSAGE events in Toulouse: Modelling Workshop; 1st Project Review; WP Leaders & Industrial Partners Meeting; Visit to Project Farms